Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Today was a rather eventful day. As I was discussing work with one of my colleague, the conversation gradually veered off into the place God has in terms of her work. She shared about how God opened and closed the necessary doors for her to come into our school. She also retold at length how she prayer-walked around the classroom of a difficult class and how that germinated results as time went by. In our own staffroom, away from hers, some of my colleagues and I have been marvelling at how she is able to tackle this really difficult class so well this year. And now I'm hearing her in person giving glory to God for she acknowledged that only He alone could have effected the changes in the children. When she shared about how she prayed for the Chinese O level results this year, my mind leapt back to those times when I too was praying for my class and I thought to myself, "God is indeed wonderful, and we are so blessed in this school to receive His favour and blessings, none by our own merits." Her sharing was mainly to encourage me to press on in my classroom management, an area identified as my weakness at the moment. Her surrenderedness, even in terms of taming her tongue and the way she chooses to react in potentially ungodly situations, really made me see how important it is to be constantly dependant on the Lord in the battlefield called The Marketplace. Though all this while we have a prayer group among colleagues, it is the first time I felt I was conversing with someone who really dealt with the crux of real-life situations in a godly manner and choosing to submit to and glorify the Lord in whatever she does. I'm glad God provided a good example to learn from and I'm challenged to lead a sold-out life to God in my workplace as well. It is indeed a blessing to have a fellow soldier who can remind me about such simple-yet-easy-to-forget truths like the importance of prayer in all things.

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home