Thursday, December 20, 2007

Hi all. I'm back, finally. (Ooh, it's exactly a month away from the previous post) From New Zealand and to bloggin'. I'm tempted to continue with my previous post and list down the things I did under [future], some of which have now become [past]. However, I'm too lazy to pore through all that I did in the past couple of weeks. So I shall type in a random post before the NZ photos are up, just like how the activity that inspired this post started randomly too.

I was suddenly inspired to pack my cupboards today. As I started to pack one, I was more and more onz about packing the rest. So from my gifts cupboard, I went on to my cards cupboard. Then I proceeded a little to my CD shelf, got bored with it and went over to my books cupboard. And therein lies the motive for this little post. I have many books I want to throw away but are still in rather good (read: covers intact, pages untorn, albeit a little yellow-ish due to age) conditions. So I hereby announce they are up for grabs. If I don't hear from anyone, I shall donate them away by the end of the year.

Anyway, the undermentioned list is more for laughs (looking at the rather hilarious collection of books I've stashed away over the years) than to really must die die get them into the hands of anyone. So here goes..

1. Action! The 3rd Collection (comics) - Chee Chew
2. Advanced Theory of Driving: 5th edition
3. A Level Economics: 1983 - 1996 (assessment book)
4. Atlas for Singapore (for sec sch geog)
5. Basic Theory of Driving: 4th edition
6. Believe it or not! - Bookworm
7. Best Puzzle Challenger 21: Search & Find
8. Best Puzzle Challenger 24: All Fill-ins
9. Bookworm Adventures - Bookworm
10. Bookworm Adventures III - Bookworm
11. Bookworm Brain Boosters - Bookworm
12. Bookworm Busybody - Bookworm
13. Bookworm Great People - Bookworm
14. Bookworm Magic Crazy III - Bookworm
15. Bookworm Magic Crazy IV - Bookworm
16. Bookworm Short Stories 38 - Bookworm
17. Bookworm Short Stories 39 - Bookworm
18. Creation: Temasek Junior College GP Bulletin 1997 (for jc students)
19. Defining Moments: our Army Experience (I really don't know why I have this)
20. Designing with House Plants - Alan Toogood
21. Developing Data Response Skills in GCE A Level Economics - Malcolm Frost (for jc students, tho this author killed my interest in economics, totally) (reserved)
22. Did You Know?
23. Fundamental Civics: Growing Up Happily - Educational Guidance Series (I really don't know why I have this either)
24. Gotcha! Joke Book - Bookworm
25. Heinemann Singapore Atlas (for sec sch geog)
26. How to survive your IPPT - Ker Cheng Lik
27. Images III: The General Paper Bulletin 1995 (for jc students)
28. Insights: The General Paper Bulletin 1996 (for jc students)
29. In the Beginning - Bookworm
30. Love Sent A Sacrifice (music scores) - Geron Davis, Tom Hartley & Dave Williamson (reserved)
31. Microcosm Megabyte: Nanyang Junior College The General Paper Bulletin 2001 (for jc students)
32. More Brain Boosters - Bookworm
33. Mr Kiasu: Everything I Also Want (comics) - the Kuppies
34. Ours to Protect: Nature in Singapore - Chua Ee Kiam
35. Principles of Accounts: 3rd edition - Betsy Li, Tan Sai Kim, Goh Ling Chin (reserved)
36. Shoulder to Shoulder: Our National Service Journal
37. Soccer Joy (comics)
38. Soccer Joy 2 (comics)
39. Social Etiquette with Kool & Ezee - Flora Han, Fiona Tan, Philip Lim
40. The Living Earth Part 3 (encyclopedia-y) - Christine Back
41. The Living Earth Part 4 (encyclopedia-y) - Christine Back
42. Wacky World - Bookworm
43. Wild Birds of Singapore: The Migratory Season (pictorial) - Chew Yen Fook (reserved)
44. World's Greatest Puzzles - Charles Barry Townsend

Yes, yes, I know the list sounds extremely boring. You are probably going like 'What the heck! Who reads such stuff at all?!' I also don't know why I kept them for so long. Looking at the Bookworm series, you can know for sure I once was definitely a bookworm and a Bookworm fan and that these books have been gathering dust and taking up space in my book shelves for a couple of decades (the Bookworm series is really good though - interesting and funny). However, they betray the fact that we (my bro and I) do have quite a good library of good reads from varied authors and genres in our current book shelf. If you do pop over my house, you can ask to take a look at our treasure trove or even borrow a book or two.

By the way, if you seriously want any of these books (I'd be like 'What the heck!'), you can tell me (secretly, if you are afraid people will laugh at your choice of reads) and they are all FREE. So spread the word! And the love!

P/S: Some Chinese books coming up soon.. :)

7 comments

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I need the Principles of accounts book. Can pay for it?

Pls let me know whether its available at 94874614

11:09 pm

 
Blogger gnoliew said...

hi, are you someone i know? the poa book i have is really old eh, fr 1998. you sure its still relevant? if it is, you can have it, np. at no cost.

12:34 am

 
Blogger Unknown said...

hi, compliments of the seasons!
am interested in "Ours to Protect: Nature in Singapore" by Chua Ee Kiam. would u like anything in return? how can i contact you to collect it?

cheers,
Bill
9855 7374

4:34 pm

 
Blogger gnoliew said...

Hi William

I'll contact you and you can sms me your address. I'll send it to you. A 'thanks' wld suffice in return.

8:43 pm

 
Blogger gnoliew said...

Hi Anonymous, do you still want the POA txt? I've actually found a very updated copy (used in 2007).

8:44 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, i've been having a headache with this issue, and would appreciate some help... can i have "Developing Data Response Skills in GCE A Level Economics - Malcolm Frost" ? thanks so much...

if it's still available, my email is stevenhlp@yahoo.co.uk, many thanks! :)

3:14 am

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I am interested in the book:

Wild Birds of Singapore: The Migratory Season (pictorial) - Chew Yen Fook

My mobile no: 93836335

Many thanks
raycek

12:05 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home