Thursday, January 03, 2008

Finally, the much-awaited update on my recent NZ escapade.

This NZ trip was planned well in advance, since October (I think). After we dilly-dallied on where to go (Hokkaido was the initial destination and I was looking forward more to it than NZ as I had been to NZ in 1997), we finally booked our air tickets somewhere in Oct/Nov. We then spent much time and effort poring through many guide books and websites to decide on the itinerary & acommodation and book tickets for the domestic flights. However, as I had to stay in S'pore till 8 Dec to emcee a friend's wedding, I could only leave on 9 Dec. (I was actually very excited to travel alone, however in the end my wish was unfulfilled) The rest of my trip-mates, save for one (who had work commitments till 8 Dec), set forth for the Land of many Sheeps and Parks on 7 Dec and I actually went down to send them off.


That's Stanley beside me, then Jiaying, Joyce, Shini, Jeff, Mun & Po Boon.

They did many things in the 2 initial days - Zorbing, visiting Rotorua and glow-worm caves, soaking in a mud spa, wearing tight and old wetsuits etc etc.. I had personally been to Rotorua before 10 years ago, so I was not too envious. However, I was not sure about my other trip-mate who missed all the fun the first 2 days.


That's Diana.

So there, the 9 of us who travelled to NZ together last Dec.

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home